Data Roaming Option (Not a traveling abroad question)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pilotkid, Sep 29, 2008.

1. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Im new to AT&T and the iPhone, got them both about two weeks ago. I'm starting to get mad because of dropped calls and all that. I knew the iPhone/AT&T were prone to this from reading reviews but I really wanted the iPhone. I see the option Data Roaming and by default it is off on my phone. If I turn it on will it improve my signal and maybe decrease my dropped calls? I'm not traveling outside of the US or anything like that so I'm not worried about these crazy expensive phone bills. So is it safe to turn it on if I'm pretty much not traveling out of the Phoenix, Az area? Do I need to be worried about expensive phone bills by having it on even if staying in the Phoenix area/US?
    If this has been discussed sorry. I tried searching and found only topics about international traveling. Thanks again!

PS. Lets say I do go outside of the Phoenix area to go camping or something like that, do I then need to turn off Data Roaming?

PSS. I have the newest iPhone updates...

2. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. sparkyms macrumors 65816

It probably wouldn't make a difference to it what-so-ever.

Data Roaming switch simply stops/allows DATA from foreign carriers on coming into your iPhone. Turning it on will not improve your signal sadly.

But by all means turn it on. You can't get charged because you're not moving out of the domestic carrier environment.