Data transfer problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Notawiz, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Notawiz macrumors newbie

Hi! I'm about to switch from an old Mac Pro to a brand new Mac Mini. I have already done all the basic stuff, installed the applications and such.

Now I only need to transfer all the data from Pro to Mini, and there's plenty of that (around 1-1,5 TB). I was about to use FireWire connection and target disk mode, but for some reason it's not working.

It's only data files (music, videos, images, work/project files...), so I only need to do a simple transfer.

I know I have successfully done a similar transfer before, but now I don't understand what I'm missing.

I have no other FireWire-hardware connected. I power off Mac Pro, connect the FireWire between the two computers, press cmd+T on Mac Pro keyboard and push the power button. But Mac Pro doesn't enter the FireWire/Target mode, it simply boots normally.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

2. simsaladimbamba

Target Disk Mode is enabled by just pressing T, though I also have had problems starting in TDM with my 2009 MBP recently.

3. Notawiz thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh... That simple? Well this is a bit embarrassing then, heh. When I checked the command earlier today, I'm pretty sure I found several forum posts that said it's cmd+T.

Anyway, I'm only pleased to be wrong about this. Thanks a lot! :)