"Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without Visual Voicemail" Say what?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marddin, Sep 14, 2012.

1. marddin, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

marddin macrumors 6502

So I was finalizing my order on the AT&T website since they still had shipping 9/21 and apple said "2 weeks", and saw this message before checking out

"Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE without Visual Voicemail"

What gives..........?

[​IMG]

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

i do not see that message in your screen shot....and I don't think anyone else got that.

3. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

I uploaded wrong picture. I edited with the correct picture.

What is the code to make smaller images??? [thumb]??

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

seriously, that would be so dirty of att to remove that feature for people with unlimited.

5. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

They'll get an earful and a cancellation if this is true. It's odd how it shows both for the "Service:"

6. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

That's weird, it looks like it's charging you twice for unlimited data. Must be some sort of bug in there system. One showing without visual voicemail and the other not showing that.

7. bjgpp macrumors member

I got the same thing at checkout. I ended up just accepting the shipping delay and ordering from apple.com rather then trying to deal with AT&T Customer Service later on.

8. Tenderlointips macrumors newbie

Doesn't seem like something to worry about

I just got done with an online chat with support. They basically said that the existing plan is considered "4G without VVM" since there was no 4G plan before. The new plan is unlimited 4G w/ VVM. So there is no change from the existing plan except that it supports 4G.

9. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

It showed me the same thing when I ordered, it doesn't explain why there is a charge for $30 twice though. Will they fix it?

10. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I got the same thing.

But it really isn't a charge, the total shows only the phone and their upgrade charge.

I figured I would sort it out when I receive the phone.

11. DArsenault macrumors regular

It's weird, probably an error. I didn't think you could have an iPhone without visual voicemail.

12. KeegoSupremo macrumors member

I got the same thing, figured it was just a error with it looking like they are charging for both

13. jmille44 macrumors member

Same Issue

The ATT website was so slow upgrading to iPhone 5.
    I got the same double $30 fee.

14. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

I got the same message on my dad's account - I figure its just a glitch.

My account has a FAN discount, so I didnt get that message on the new line that I created, or the 2 lines that I upgraded.

15. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for everyone's response. This seems to be the logical explanation. I doubt they would not include visual voicemail honestly.

16. JFC macrumors member

I get this every time I try to order. What I don't understand is where is the information about minutes and texts. I want to keep my current talk, text and unlimited data.

17. mario24601 macrumors regular

WTF? That would be just wrong if ATT did that! I could not order through ATT so got through Apple and just saw my reg. unlimited GF data plan.

18. jfk3674 macrumors member

I assume its some sort of inventory or billing issue with their system. When the first bill comes with the 36 upgrade fee I'm checking the data plan. I already gave up tether (well except those aps that sneak through the itunes store) and facetime, I'll raise heck if they took away VM

19. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems to be a system glitch since everyone is getting varied results as far as what data plan/minutes are listed.

20. Chupa Chupa, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I've thought about this and I know the ATT system was having issues earlier this AM. I think it's just a programming error. There are probably two unlimited LTE data plans -- one for Android or Win phones that don't have VV capability, and one for phones those that do. iPhone users weren't the only ones grandfathered w/ unlimited data. There are a lot of old BB and Palm users out there that upgraded to iPhone or Android.

Well at least that's the only plausible reason I can think for the two LTE messages.

Update spoke to AT&T. Rep said it just means you have the option to turn off VV. Kind of wierd. Why would you want to turn off VV?

21. 19Andrew69 macrumors newbie

Online chat screen capture with AT&T

I hope this answers some questions.

Attached Files:

22. spitfire1958 macrumors newbie

Scammed

They are essentially charging you twice for the same thing. We pay $40 per line for the Mobile Share Value Plan 2GB PLUS $40 for Mobile Share Value Plan iPhone w/Visual Voicemail. I was told we have to have the Visual Voicemail in order to "access" our 2GB data plan. What a ripoff! :mad: