Data usage app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ksalito56, May 22, 2012.

1. ksalito56 macrumors newbie

I downloaded the free data usage app to track my usage. I was wondering if anyone has used the data usage pro? I would like to track by app.

The reason is recently my usage has tripled. I cancelled my unlimited data plan on my 875u Sierra Aircard for the 5 gb hotspot on my iPhone. I never used more than 1.5 go on the Aircard with the laptop on ad less than 500 mb on iPhone. I am already at 2.2 gb usage in 16 days.

I realize I added an iPad to the equation, but I don't have 4g service available and I use it instead of the iPhone. I turned off all syncing functions. All mail is downloaded manually, imessaging has been turned off, every night I close all programs from the background.

I am trying to determine what app is causing the problem so I can remove it if possible.

2. rogerbarrett macrumors regular

You can use StealthGenie. It will tell you what type of data you used on your cell phone. It will tell your call records, browsed webpages, videos, pictures, contacts, GPS Location Tracker.

3. ksalito56 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't need to know that much info. I just want to know how data is being consumed on my iPad and iPhone. I want to see which apps are causing my usage to go throught the roof. I know it isn't the laptop, I never exceeded 1.2 in a month's time there.

The explanation of the app doesn't specifically explain if it can track each app individually. Just wondering if anyone has used it for this before I purchase it.