Data usage for a heavy heavy user

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by cmiller4642, Jul 3, 2015.

1. cmiller4642 macrumors member

I work 12 hour shifts so I'm on the app for about 3-4 hours a day on my breaks and in the car on the way to work and from work, and it seems to use anywhere between 200 and 350 mb a day that I'm at work (I'm on wi-fi for half the month outside of work). Which gives it about 50-60 mb an hour. Not too shabby considering I flick through songs a lot rapidly which probably eats more data. I do have a 10gb a month data plan so I'm not too worried about my usage.

2. Peepo macrumors 6502a

That is what I calculated also, about 60 MB/hour streaming music.
    I used a program called DataMan Pro on iPhone which supports timers to track data usage. After 10 minutes it used up approx. 10 MB

3. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

That's on track with what I'm seeing as well. It's definitely less than Spotify on mobile uses. I really want Apple Music to work out.

Side Note: Spent the entire day off from work today deleting and re-adding my iTunes Library (ugh) so now I don't have iCloud Music Library chewing up my collection like it had been. Looks like fresh start is the way to go for Apple Music :/