Data usage on GoPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JIS4JUNGLIST, Jun 24, 2012.

1. JIS4JUNGLIST macrumors newbie

I have a 32GB 3GS that I am currently using with gophone. Its IOS is 5.1.1 and the baseband is 6.15.05. I'm wondering if I can get data to work on it or not. I've tried the unlockit APN profile creator and have had no luck connecting to a network, beyond that it seems that any chance of an unlock with this baseband is impossible. Do I basically have a glorified Ipod Touch right now? PLease Help!

2. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Have you added data into your account first?

You can always downgrade the baseband using link.

Hope this helps.

I have a gophone on my iphone 4 and gotten the data to work just fine.

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Ma bell changed the rules a month ago. Gophones require contracted plans to obtain data now. It's still a gophone plan just a pay every month plan.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

He MAY be able to downgrade the baseband. Depends on when his phone's manufacture date was IIRC.

5. JIS4JUNGLIST thread starter macrumors newbie

the serial number is 131 so I think I fall just before the cut off date correct?

6. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You might wanna ask dhLizard for clarification. But I'm pretty sure some users with manufacture week 27 or 28 have reported the newer chip and therefore can't upgrade to the iPad baseband. So be careful.

There's a program that you can use which will tell you if you have the new or old bootrom. That's probably your best bet. The name slips my mind at the moment. I've never unlocked my phone so I'm not the most knowledgeable in this area. Maybe someone can chime in with the name of it.