Data usage question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slicktype, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

So I'm constantly streaming pandora on my phone when I'm
    Home. Since I have wifi at home my data will not be used. Now I'd like to use pandora while driving into work and back home.
    Does anyone know how much data pandora uses in let's say in 30 minutes ?
    I would like to know this, so I do not go over my 2gb limit and get throttled.

I feel that allot more ppl out there would benefit from knowing how much data they are using on any giving app. It's like budgeting money but in this instance I'll be budgeting my data usage.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

From past experience, one song roughly 4 minutes ranges from 1.5-3MB of data. Of course it all depends but that is what I have seen on average.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Most networks offer some kind of web or dedicated app with a Dashboard that will tell you your data usage. You could note the starting point and the ending point at the end of a day and calculate how much data you used.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

If u go into settings)general)usage)cellular u can reset it and stream pandora and see how much it racks up on your commute.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It uses 28mb per hour