Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeanXO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
My current data usage is 1582.51 MB.. my question is: is that over 1 GB or what? Do we have that 5 GB limit people talk about or is that a myth?

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
My current data usage is 1582.51 MB.. my question is: is that over 1 GB or what? Do we have that 5 GB limit people talk about or is that a myth?

No limit (at least on AT&T) for data usage

that is 1.58 gigs of data

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

Total myth that has no basis. AT&T has the right to cancel coverage that they consider excessive, but the current iPhone data plan (for AT&T) is unlimited (they'd have a hard time in court if they did try to terminate, IMO). There are so-called "soft data caps" that people talk about on here, but again they are trying to use stuff that is for other plans (air cards) and justify that AT&T would use those limits for the iPhone (again no basis in fact and stated nowhere on any AT&T site or from any memos from AT&T).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.