Data usage question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lostsol, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Lostsol macrumors regular

I was just looking at my att statement online and I noticed that every single day I'm showing some type of data usage for internet. The problem is that on several of those days I never left my house where I have wifi. The only time I used the phone for data was within 20 feet of the router so I know I was always on wifi. I do have a microcell because of no 3G service in my area but my understanding is that would only be used for data if I turned off my wifi on the iphone.

The good news is that I have the unlimited data plan so I won't ever be charged extra but I'm just curious how I could be racking up data usage when I'm on wifi. Is there something I'm not thinking of ?

2. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

http://gizmodo.com/5599621/those-nighttime-iphone-downloads-are-actually-not-downloads

3. Lostsol thread starter macrumors regular

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm talking about times that I never leave the wifi of my house for a day or two at all and still have data usage show for those days. I understand that sometimes an entry might be for accrued data that day but on these days I only used wifi so I shouldn't have ANY usage--- unless there is some way to accrue usage even when using wifi.

And by the way.... I'm talking about my actual bill--- not the usage stats you can look at during the month.