data usage

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ercsliberty, May 19, 2011.

1. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

i have a problem. i have an at&t 3g ipad2. im using tunein to strem music to my cars stereo thru the 3.5 jack. when a call comes in to my bluetooth phone, the car mutes the music and activates the bluetooth call. very cool. but, i found the hard way, that the music i still being streamed to my ipad, even if i dont hear it in the speakers. when the phone call is done, the music from the pad immidiatly continues on the cars stereo. does any on know of a way to stop the music streaming on the pad, when a call comes into my sprint phone? thanks

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. ercsliberty thread starter macrumors 6502

wow, amazing that i didnt think of this. anyone else?

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I wasn't trying to be rude, but if your going to stream media from your iPad to your car stereo and you get a phone call on your phone and that takes priority of the output sound, then you have to manually press pause on your iPad to pause/stop the stream.

If you were to stream media from your phone and you receive a call, then the phone will automatically pause the stream until you end the call.

5. svenn macrumors 6502

That seems like your only option. How is the ipad supposed to know you have a call coming in?

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Thank you.

I know Steve Jobs said that the iPad was a magical device, but it has its limits.