Data usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Somechineseguy, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Somechineseguy macrumors newbie

So, I'm a current Sprint user that just got a Verizon iphone4s to test coverage/speed. This would mean that I'm limited to 2gb of data. For those of you with the 2gb cap, what's your data usage like for a month? And what do you do to get that kind of data usage? I can't decide if i want to sacrifice network coverage for unlimited data with sprint. Thanks in advance!

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

it would vary with everyone unless using the same apps and whatnot. i have unlimited ever since the original iPhone with att and only gone over 2GB once. i believe it was because i just got the MLB app and was listening to the Yankees radio, probably Pandora, heavy internet and email usage.

normally im around the 1-1.5GB with heavy internet/facebook/email/apps.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I get 4GB on AT&T (tethering plan) but I seldom break 1GB. I tether my iPad or laptop occasionally for email, facebook, etc. - but always have WiFi at home. I use Pandora some in the car, maybe a few hours a month.

I would think to use 2GB on the phone itself (no tethering) you'd need to be a pretty significant streaming audio and/or video user - like tens of hours a month non-WiFi.