Data usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Jul 14, 2017.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

i will don my flame suit for all the comments...but I just had to share how grateful I am for unlimited data today. We are on a long trip with our family and friends, and I activated my son's phone so I wouldn't have to play hotspot administrator and for his camp he went to because he wasn't always with counselors...

Just checked his usage. We have had lots of long legs of driving and downloading content ahead of time for when we are in rural areas...and he has been our younger kid's hotspot at times....but he has gone through 76 GB of data this month! Holy crazy!

2. !!! macrumors 6502

If you went to Settings > Celluar, it doesn't automatically reset how much was used each month. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Reset Statictics". It also shows you when they were last reset.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Why would you be flamed? ;)

Honestly though, I've seen much higher usage than that (by other people).

I have unlimited data and I'm not afraid to use it when I need it.

4. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I just read that t mobile iPhones with iOS 11 now does it and resets by itself. I literally just checked my SE and sure enough it is there. It was under Carrier then usage. Not sure if that applies to other carriers though.