iPhone X ???? DATA USAGE ????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SnowyTheLegend, Mar 8, 2018.

1. SnowyTheLegend macrumors newbie

I used 600 MB of my data in less than 24 hours and I only have 2 GBs per month. Anyone know whats happening? This doesn't happen on my android, only on my Iphone. (There is about 500 for the app store yet I don't download anything from there atm)

2. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

Check the info in cellular settings to see which apps are using the data.

3. SnowyTheLegend thread starter macrumors newbie

App store, 470 MB. I haven't even downloaded anything from there in the pass 2 days though.

4. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

Anything showing in recent updates?

5. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Make sure you don't have WiFi assist turned on. If the phone considers your WiFi connection slow, it will use cellular data to make up the difference in speed.

6. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Possibly auto update is turned on and some apps got updated.

7. Altis macrumors 68030

Like @bopajuice above said, make sure "Wifi assist" is turned off or it'll use cellular while you're "on wifi" and eat your data.

Also make sure under iTunes and App Stores settings, "Use Cellular Data" is turned off (which disables it for automatic downloads only).

8. ventmore macrumors 6502a

Facebook's auto-playing videos were chewing through my wife's data. They have since been disabled.

I went through a lot of data after I got my X. I forgot I hadn't re-downloaded any music back onto my device, and all my music was streaming. Didn't realise 'til I got a warning that I'd used 80% of my data from EE.

Sounds like you may have auto-downloads switched on for the app store though, and the option to download over cellular. :)