Data used... 2 GB limit

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OneHit89, Jun 15, 2010.

1. OneHit89 macrumors member

So i just recently checked my average data used on my iphone (which i havent had since march), because I didnt think much of the limited data plan by att. I thought for sure I wasnt in that small % that att said uses more then 2 GB. Anyways I was surprised that I used more then 4GB of data for 3 months in a row (and figured I would have kept that trend if my phone didnt break a few months ago). I thought that the only people that would go over the 2 GB of data would be the people that would use there phone for tethering, or I dont know, stuff other then just browsing the web here and there. I guess I do use the phone a lot when I am living at college, but I didnt think it would be this easy to go over 2 GB (or double it) I feel the only thing I do on the iphone is browse the web, play some games, maybe look at a youtube video here and there, nothing to crazy.

Do I really use the Iphone this much? or is this more common then att makes it out to be?

2. Shorties macrumors 6502a

What the most data intensive thing you do on your phone? I listen to pandora and watch tv on my slingplayer almost 5 days a week, and I have only broken the 2GB barrier once (I had 2.1 gigs that month).

3. OneHit89 thread starter macrumors member

I really dont know, there are no apps that I use a lot, and even if I did use an app a lot I have no apps that would use data, how much web surfing do you have to do to get to 4 gigs? Thats usually what I do when im waiting for class to start, or just around my room, does watching youtube videos etc use a lot of data?

4. Shorties macrumors 6502a

I doubt you could generate that kind of data usage just on casual use. You sure you were looking at the right account? And that it wasn't something like 400MBs rather than 4GB's

5. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

that's weird, i listen to pandora everyday, follow games a few times a week on the MLB app, and browse the web regularly and the most i've used is 900MB in a month. You must be doing something very data intensive.