Database Management

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Mattsmrs, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Mattsmrs macrumors newbie

I am fairly new to the world of Apple. I am hoping that some of you experienced users may point me in the right direction!

I am the co-chairperson for a local lottery. It is a large lottery, grossing approximately $500,000. The tickets are set at four different price points.

Ticket sellers go out on location (often two or three locations at one time). They sell the tickets, record credit card numbers, and return all of the tickets, the cash, the credit card numbers to me at the end of the day. I then spend 6 hours a night for the duration of the lottery (approx 2 months) processing credit card transactions, deposits, and updating the ticket database so we can mail out tickets the following year.

I would like to accomplish a couple of things by making use of ipads this year...

1) I would like the sellers to be able to process the credit card and debit card payments on location, using a point of sale app.

2.) I would like the sellers to be able to enter the sales information directly into a database to prevent me from having to enter the information off the sold ticket stubs each night. The sellers have down time between ticket sales and this makes more sense. I would like this database to be synced across multiple devices.

Does anyone have any advice on what apps to use to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe