Database Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hahaharry, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Hahaharry macrumors newbie

Hi, this is my first post and I am in comparison to most of you here, a rookie to Apple computers.

Basically I run a shop that has just changed it's inventory system for newspapers, meaning that in order to maintain a proper accounts and billing system I am going to need a new database and therefore software to make it.

I aren't looking for anything particularly special but the facilities I need are as follows:

-Searchable database
    -Shows an account clearly
    -Has a variable stock display option (allows different products to be assigned to the account)
    -Bill display (this would need to adapt on its own, daily, but be able to be freely adjustable as customers often part pay off their accounts)
    -A payment history displaying several of the previous payments and their dates, amounts, ect)

I have done some research and it seems that Bento is a popular choice, I am wondering if anyone has any experience with that in in that case? Would it meet the above criteria?

Thanks, looking forward to here from an informed set of individuals!

-Harry.

2. applepackard macrumors newbie

Which Database Do I Buy?

Hello Harry,
    When I am not a law student I am developing software for Apple. I can tell you that Bento will work but you will quickly find limitations. If you plan to grow and expand in the least I would suggest Filemaker Pro 12 Advanced that you can find at http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-pro/whats-new.html?source=ppc

You can get a free trial. There are also offers out there for educational discounts. The cost is currently 299.00 but you may be able to find it cheaper than at the link that I provided. Search the net. But Filemaker Pro will do all you need and allow you to grow too. Good luck.

Michael