Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Data case has an update out. Too bad there are still issues with iTunes...can't download the update.

mattjb

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2008
Plant City, FL
For those that don't know what Datacase is: http://www.veiosoft.com/

I was able to download the update fine. I'm hoping it'll fix the issue where some large files won't transfer. Other than that, pretty happy with this app, it has really come in handy often.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
Good update. Finally reads iWork files. Haven't tested Keynote files yet, but the others seemed to work fine.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I didnt try this app, but I bought filemagnet and it reads everything really well and is super easy to use. I'm assuming this app allows one to do the same thing.

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
I want to get this update by my iTunes still isn't giving me the option.

I hope that in a future update they add the ability to password protect volumes from the iPhone side.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
It works well for me. Only downside was losing all my files, which I then had to copy back across but hey, as this is fairly easy, who's bothered. Always good to get (free) updates.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
haven't been able to get the update yet, but a quick question. In datacase, what's the difference between making a volume "browsable" as opposed to "readable?"

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
I want to get this update by my iTunes still isn't giving me the option.

You don't have to wait for iTunes. Just go find it in the App Store and 'buy' it again. You'll get a message that you've already purchased it and ask if you want to download it again for free. Do that, then sync your phone.

jds4300

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
Thanks Guys!

I have been using Folders for a while and even gave it a great review (five stars). However, thanks to you guys I decided to give Datacase a whirl, and WOW it is the S__T! I am THOROUGHLY impressed! The simplicity of drag and drop is incredible! Moved ALL of my Word files with no problem! This is a 10 STAR app! Hats off to the developers! I deleted the Folders app, and now I could care less if Documents to Go by Dataviz ever materializes! I will stick with Datacase, it is AWESOME!!!! Again, thanks for the input!

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
I have been using Folders for a while and even gave it a great review (five stars). However, thanks to you guys I decided to give Datacase a whirl, and WOW it is the S__T! I am THOROUGHLY impressed! The simplicity of drag and drop is incredible! Moved ALL of my Word files with no problem! This is a 10 STAR app! Hats off to the developers! I deleted the Folders app, and now I could care less if Documents to Go by Dataviz ever materializes! I will stick with Datacase, it is AWESOME!!!! Again, thanks for the input!
It's a very nice app, just be careful to keep backups of everything you put on it. Datacase tends to lose the files when you update it or update firmware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.