DataViz Coming to iPhone REAL SOON!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SFC Archer, Apr 9, 2009.

1. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Just recieved notification from DataViz about their app for the iPhone. Here is the body of the email:

The wait is almost over!

Documents To Go for iPhone coming in early to mid May!

Thanks to all who have been waiting patiently for the arrival of Documents To Go for iPhone. The next time you hear from us, it'll be to tell you that Documents To Go is available for your iPhone and iPod touch in the App Store!

When will that be, you ask? Early to mid May. And trust us, there are some very exciting things about this app that we haven't let out of the bag yet. We hope you'll agree it's worth the wait!

If you haven't seen them, there are some great screenshots for you on our Facebook page (while you're there, become a fan!). And as always, you can stay up to date on our iPhone plans and all the other goings-on at DataViz with our Office Mobility Blog!

Sincerely,
    The Documents To Go Development Team

P.S. - Have a friend with an iPhone or iPod Touch? Forward this email to make sure they sign-up to be notified!

This is great news for me and I hope the rest of you that are familiar with DataViz products.

Here is the Facebook LINK for more info and screenshots.

2. aok1975 macrumors 6502

over a year of waiting and still no date.

3. SFC Archer thread starter macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Hmmmm...I think "Early to Mid May" is a lot more accurate then Apple's :apple: 3.0 release "Sometime this Summer" :confused:

Sorry I disappointed you, it wasn't my intent. :(

4. gigidey macrumors member

That looks fantastic. Can't wait for its release. I've been wanting support for Word on the iPhone for a long time now.

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I have been waiting very patiently (well, maybe not so much) for DataViz. May is just around the corner. I originally though they were going to push it until 3.0 came out. I'll wait a bit longer as this appears to be the very first app that will have the ability to edit MS Word doc files. And if it doesn't, then I'll be super pissed.

Looks like it is $19.99 for Android. I would hope it is the same price for the iPhone. Who around here is willing to pay $19.99 for this App? I probably would.

6. aok1975 macrumors 6502

I hope they have a lite version, like the ones that come with the treo.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

sweet!

Kinda upset it took so long, but regardless I plan to buy!

8. odelay macrumors 6502

My guess is that the reason they haven't given a specific date is due to the AppStore approval process being so unpredictable with timescales. I reckon this email means they've submitted it to apple, and due to the app's complexity, apple have advised them it'll take around 4 weeks to review. Just my opinion though, not based on anything factual. Looking forward to this, I'll hold out on upgrading my Quicksheet app to the full Quickoffice (with word editing) when it comes out sometime this month, as I reckon D2G is going to be superior.