Date and time defaults on i Work 08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by willie45, Feb 14, 2008.

1. willie45 macrumors regular

Can anyone please help me with these on Pages and Numbers. Every time I make a table in Pages or use Numbers, and I type " December 2008", for example it translates this as 1-12-08 which I do not want. It also seems to randomly do other weird stuff with the time. I know I need to do something with the Inspector but I just can't get it sorted. Sorry to be a haddy but all help is gratefully received

Willie

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Pages (& Numbers) can be too "helpful" at times. I have not found a way to set my preferred date format as default, so I have to format the cells each time. You have to apply the format before you start typing. Changing it after you have entered data doesn't change your original data to the new format, it changes what Pages/Numbers made the data into.

Select the cells you want to change the date/time format in then go to the table inspector > Format & select Date & Time from the Cell Format menu & set what you want.

3. willie45 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the help.I really do find iWork to be a PITA in many ways. Its a pity because I really wanted to like it

Willie