Date and Time Reset After Battery Drains

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 78258, Mar 10, 2014.

1. 78258 macrumors newbie

Hello, have a problem with my 3G. Whenever the battery drains, on booting up the date and time must be reset from Dec 31st, 1999, wrong hour. Once, the time even reverted to December 31st, 1961!? :confused: No time machine apps are installed, BTW. ;)

Everything else works perfectly. The battery was replaced last year but the phone has done this since purchase (used) two years ago. Am wondering if the 3g has an internal button cell or some other time keeper besides the main battery that may need replacing. What could be causing this? Any known solutions?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you for your time.

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Huh. Do you have Automatic Time turned on? Should automatically solve the issue.

As for why the time resets like that..definitely a hardware issue. The battery isn't supposed to die *that much* that it actually totally cuts power to the motherboard. Something's off with the hardware. If you're saying that it was happening before you replaced the battery (and assuming the replacement battery is a real Apple-made one) then some component somewhere in your iPhone is failing to do its job. It's more of a minor issue but it still shouldn't be happening. I'd honestly have tried replacing it at an Apple Store a long time ago.

That aside, like I said, why not turn on Automatic Time? It'd get rid of the symptom at least.