date of purchase

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by khunxhor, Dec 18, 2008.

1. khunxhor macrumors member

Hi,

I bought my macbook from my university store a year ago. All I remember is that I bought it late December.

I decided to buy extended Apple Care but I don't remember if I passed the 1 year deadline or not. I would rather buy it from the campus store again because it is discounted, but I will not be back on campus until Monday.

I can't find the receipt and I paid cash (yes I pulled 1400+ from my savings account and counted it out to the salesperson). I thought about trying to look through old statements to find out when I pulled the cash out, but I think I pulled it out before I actually bought it.

Any ideas as to how I can find out when I bought it? Thanks in advance.

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Go here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do and enter your serial number. You can find the serial on the box or under Apple Menu>About this Mac>Click on the version number twice (mine was 10.5.6) and viola!

3. khunxhor thread starter macrumors member

December 21 2007

You are awesome. Thanks.

I need to go soon, Monday is too late.

4. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

5. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

You know if you want to save more money and get it instantly to register online. Go to Live.com, setup an account, do an AppleCare search. Follow link, and get it on eBay. The seller will instantly email you the registration code. It will cost you like half the price. For a MB it's $100 and for MBP it's about $165.

Somebody told me here on MacRumors and I saved a bunch of money. Even got the rebate from Live.com.

Cheers and Happy Holidays.