date/time in iphoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by luckywhitegirl, Jul 9, 2007.

1. luckywhitegirl macrumors newbie

I'm a new mac user and I have 1,546 questions about iphoto. One is that it sets all the dates for all my photos to January 1, 1980 (when I upload them to flickr they all have that date) HOWEVER it does recognize the real date they were taken somehow because when I scroll through the library it displays the date over any given group of photos. So how does it simultaneously know and not know the correct date my photo was taken on? Do I really have to manually change it for each photo?

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Let me see if I can help... the dates of your photos are assigned to the picture by your camera (not by iPhoto), so make sure you're setting the internal date & time correctly when you change your batteries. iPhoto just reads this data when you import a roll (you can however edit it as you wish in iPhoto).

I'm not 100% sure of the problem you're having, but I think the solution might be in learning that iPhoto can keep separate dates fro your "roll" and for each actual photo.

So, your "rolls" might be dated correctly, but the photos within may be wrong.

Photos in "rolls" don't have to have the same date (or even close) to the date assigned to the "roll".

Check those.

You don't have to change the date one at a time. You can do it in a batch (as many as you want) by shift-selecting the pictures with the dates you wish to change, right-click (or cmd+click) and choose "Batch Change...". In the batch change window set the "Date & Time" to whatever you want, and let it go.