Dating a blonde lady for the first time?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by princealfie, Aug 22, 2008.

1. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Well this weekend I'm dating a blonde lady for the first time in my life. I have only dated brunettes, redheads, and raven-haired women so far. I was just wondering what I can do to prepare for any flak or blowback from other people once I date her. (She is a most awesome person and I am just excited about it!)

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you are worried about what people will think of her hair?

i take it you are not "white" as this clearly wouldnt be an issue

with that said, dont care as its her that is important

3. princealfie thread starter macrumors 68030

princealfie

Nope, not Caucasian actually :)

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ive been in that situation and yea people that judge you negatively on who you like are not worth your time

5. princealfie thread starter macrumors 68030

princealfie

I agree but since judgmental people comprise most of my art gallery's clients, I really dislike it when people talk behind him in this business...

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

My gf's got blonde hair dyed mind you but still blonde nonetheless, its true blondes have more fun and are not all thick, but it's what's under the hood that matters

7. calculus Guest

calculus

There is nothing you can do to stop other people having an opinion about what you do so I'd suggest that you just get used to that idea.

Also, ask yourself why this is so important to you...

8. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

What has colour of anything got to do with anything? I really don't get why race is still an issue and why it ever was in the first place.

If she dyed her hair black you wouldnt have a problem so why have a problem with it being blonde? Crazy! If other people have a problem with it, its their problem not yours.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You can take this as FACT since I am a blond.
    Blond(e) people like to be taken to restaurants but not just any kind of restaurant. The name has to begin with the letter F or J. Any other and your date will think you're just being pretentious.
    Blond(e) people also like to have their earlobes rubbed clockwise after they tell a joke or make a faux pas. Oddly enough if they do make a faux pas you're required to trump their efforts with something much worse.

Also don't forget to clean up the mess later. That should go without saying. Also remember the 3 golden rules.

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

the most you will get is stuff from your friends giving you a hard time and even then they will be joking. No one really is going to think anything of it so do not stress over it.

This coming from a guy who is currently dating a blond and dated another blond in the past.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

ghall?

Who care what others think? Sad that you think this is important.

12. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

The last blonde I dated was one of the most intelligent people I've ever known. I've never heard anyone making jokes or poking fun due to hair colour.

It's like it doesn't actually happen in real life.

13. YouArentJ macrumors member

YouArentJ

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, it shouldn't matter what other people think.

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Check the carpet colour, first thing.

I suspect a wolf in sheep's clothing.

:p

16. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I think most guys would like to be in your shoes. "Gentlemen prefer blondes," remember? I'm a blonde guy myself.

Even if it's an auburn that does blonde things...

17. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I must admit, I'm baffled. Besides the fact that you shouldn't be worried about what other's think, why is this a problem in the first place?

There must be a cultural divide somewhere in this issue, because I never would have given it any thought at all.

18. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

coarse

19. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Very strange question indeed. Blond jokes don't start unless the blond person gives people reason.

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

After that go ahead and ask yourself if you're worthy enough to date this lady. Sure I sound like a total bitch, but let me tell you that if I ever came upon a man who went to an internet forum to post about his concerns about my hair color, I wouldn't give him the time of day. I don't care how "wonderful" you are. Heck, take the forum away and if I was aware you were concerned about my hair color this much I doubt I'd want to invest my time in you. Likewise, if a man ever had to feel the way this woman would feel if they were being judged completely on their hair color, then I hope they wouldn't give me the time of day neither.

Consider yourself lucky to be with a girl who you claim is "a most awesome person."

LOL @ "ghall".
    And to emphasize, it is sad that this is even an issue. :rolleyes:

On a side note, and possibly a more helpful one. If her hair color is of issue have you requested 12 months of personal bank statements and a photo of her car? I mean, we don't want something to slip past us do we? Gawd forbid she is not a woman of means, what will your gallery clients think then?! :eek:

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nope, it doesn't. The only "hair prejudice" I've seen has been against ginger folk. Brunette or blonde, same diff.
    A blonde girl on my course went on to win 2nd place in this years D&AD competition (or was it last year?) and a brunette went on to become a model/actress person. Take that, convention and prejudice!

22. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Is she as cute as the girl in the Ukraine Dating add I get underneath this thread ?

23. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

That reminds me.. I think my wife is blonde this week...

24. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

what i meant was "it's what's on the inside that matters" and hair colour shouldn't matter

25. Denny Crane macrumors member

Denny Crane

Yes, and my experience has been that women are all similar on the inside.