Dave Lee - 2016 MacBook Pro Preview - Apple's New Laptop! (Rumor Summary)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shyam09, Oct 22, 2016.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Just saw this video on Youtube. Dave Lee is one of my favorite tech reviewers on YT and he added a nice graphical touch on what he's collected on the upcoming MBP (of course it's still rumors, so grain of salt until next week!).

I enjoyed the video, so thought I'd share to fellow eager MBP buyers.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Well, guess we don't have to wait for the event anymore now.

3. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Complaining about graphics cards is a bit silly. Everyone knows Apple always shoots for the middle of the road (at best) with dGPUs. If you want high end graphics then you buy Windows machines. He's also right about the minor bump in CPU performance even those of us with a late 2013 MBP will only see modest performance gains with Skylake. The only question in my mind is the other stuff Apple is going to add/change going to be enough for me to upgrade? Right now I'm heavily leaning towards no.

4. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

If they don't get our feedback as to why we're not happy with it, they have no reason to reconsider the next time.
    One day they will learn. Even if it takes a little bit of courage to speak up. We pay with our wallets. If we need hardware to accomplish the tasks we do on our systems, and they provide 'around' average performing stuff, we move on.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

It seems you are the one not getting the message apple have made all of their portable machines a balanced blend of performance, battery life and portability of at least ten years.

They use the best CPUs in their class and TDP envelope, but the GPU's are where they get the ability to keep portability good and battery life up by going with graphics that are fine for most professional portable use but not so good for gaming or endless GPU compute, that would be far better offloaded to a desktop anyway.

This is nothing new it's been that way for a decade if you haven't learned that's their modus operandi by now then you are the one that has issues not them.

6. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Spoiler alert, iMac doesn't come with a battery. You unplug it, it shuts off..

7. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

The only thing that may make me lean towards a mac update is a sudden worsening of battery life....

8. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

What you mean in this thread in the MacBook Pro section talking about MacBook pros?? Ha ha ha....

9. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

xD Yep, you are right. I had 2 tabs open - this one and an iMac discussion that was pretty close to the same. And I replied to the wrong one. I was already surprised why someone would have said that. Mixed up tabs!
    *jedi hand move* You saw nothing!