DaVinci Resolve 12 Lite and Studio BETAS released

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Gwendolini, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Gwendolini, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015

Gwendolini macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

If anyone is interested, BMD has released the betas for Resolve 12 Lite and Studio, the Lite version being a fully fledged editing and colour grading suite now.

No more iMovie or Magix Movie Maker.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong forum. I asked it to be moved to the correct one, Apple Watch Alternatives.

2. Jimmyjamh macrumors member

Great find thank you. I have the previous version but have never quite figured it out. Still using fcpx but have always been curious how good davinci could be.

3. sevoneone macrumors 6502

Wow. I took a quick peak at this back when they showed it off during NAB, but I just watched the full overview on the editing features being added. What they show is pretty impressive and there are some cool looking tools. I know when you get down to it there isn't a lot of difference between the interface of any NLE (well except maybe FCPX), but I feel they went out of their way to make this look and function as close as possible to classic Final Cut Pro, and that will hopefully drive a lot of adoption for them from the pool of people that couldn't handle the changes in FCPX.

I am pretty excited to try it out at some point. I've gotten very used to FCPX and think it is superior for short industrial or procedural type videos, but I could never see myself using FCPX for a narrative or doc. This feels so much like classic FCP that I'm thinking it will feel like a homecoming for a lot of folks. It will be interesting to compare performance to FCPX also.

4. MacVidCards Suspended

I was at a BMD event in Burbank today. Lots of excitement about Resolve 12 and Fusion. Apple has dropped the ball and BMD is more then happy to pick it up.

5. Gwendolini thread starter macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

How does Fusion look?

6. NY Guitarist macrumors 65816

NY Guitarist

I had registered when I first got the email. I planned on being there the full day to see all the demos but had a last minute change of plans. Maybe some videos will show up on youtube.

I really like what BMD is doing.

7. DucatiTerminator macrumors member

DucatiTerminator

I was at the same event. Fusion looked pretty amazing, but it crashed a few times during the presentation as there were some Beta version issues with the GPU they were running. New to me, and I'm looking forward to learning it.

8. Gwendolini thread starter macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Beta 4 of Resolve has been released.

from http://nofilmschool.com/2015/09/davinci-resolve-12-beta-4-update

9. Gwendolini thread starter macrumors 6502

Gwendolini

Yeah, I played around with it a little bit. Will probably take me a year to get used to nodes again.