Dawn of War II/Steam sales

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by apfhex, Apr 16, 2009.

1. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

DoW II is on sale on Steam for -25% this weekend. I previously played a little bit of the single player campaign and it blew me away, and I've been waiting for a sale of some sort to pick it up (call me cheap :p). Even thought it's not much of an RTS, I really like what I've seen. It's to Company of Heroes what Fallout 3 is to Oblivion. I played a little CoH too, but there were some complexities and oddities to the squad management that I didn't care for and graphic performance was oddly bad at times. DoW II feels more streamlined (and runs great).

I just finished the original Far Cry and haven't even touched the other 3 games I got in the $10 Ubisoft bundle. Don't mean this to be a Steam lovefest, but it really is worth checking out some of their weekend deals. They're a huge reason I'm remain interested in PC gaming.

2. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

totally freaking agree about steam. I'll toot my horn about steam b/c IMO it's a great service w/ awesome deals.

You can also get DoWII via directgamekeys for $25, it's where I got it from, no issues.

3. apfhex thread starter macrumors 68030

apfhex

Hmm, never heard of them, but their site doesn't work. I did notice Amazon is selling it for the same price as Steam's sale though. Can be nice to have a physical copy when the price is right.