Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguy4reals

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Overall thoughts - eh.

-The Touch isn't picking up wireless signals it picked up yesterday.
-Seems slightly laggy.

Perhaps as 3.0 apps come along, I'll be more impressed. Would be nice to run two apps at once.......

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
i also find that it takes a little longer to connect to remembered WiFi networks.

EDIT: i realized that when i reset my default setting that the WiFi was in DHCP and not Static like i usually have it. that's why it took longer to connect.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
That's because it's not the public version. Who knows, they might tweak things before it is actually released to the public.

The current version (7a341) is the gold master ... in other words, barring any major show stopping bugs, that will be what is released to the public.

DHarrisDBS34

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2008
This is one reason why I may just wait a few days before upgrading. Last year the release created a lot of problems, I don't want to deal with any of that.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
The current version (7a341) is the gold master ... in other words, barring any major show stopping bugs, that will be what is released to the public.

Gold Master = What will be released to the public next week.

Apple is just rewarding devs for there hard work.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
when 2.0 was released, it was the same situation. gold master was official finally(well, build number was different but overall features were the same, it was having still bugs after all). so I think that 3.0 GM will be official 3.0 software upgrade. no matter how you expect perfect version, there is no version like that. there are always bugs. so if you really can't wait for a week, just get GM seed, use it. it will be all fine. I bet you will even update for next 3.xx because once 3.0 is implemented to your device, next time update is just automatically recognized.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.