Day 1 of 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macguy4reals, Jun 10, 2009.

1. macguy4reals macrumors newbie

Overall thoughts - eh.

-The Touch isn't picking up wireless signals it picked up yesterday.
    -Seems slightly laggy.

Perhaps as 3.0 apps come along, I'll be more impressed. Would be nice to run two apps at once.......

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    That's because it's not the public version. Who knows, they might tweak things before it is actually released to the public.

3. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

4. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i also find that it takes a little longer to connect to remembered WiFi networks.

EDIT: i realized that when i reset my default setting that the WiFi was in DHCP and not Static like i usually have it. that's why it took longer to connect.

5. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

The current version (7a341) is the gold master ... in other words, barring any major show stopping bugs, that will be what is released to the public.

6. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

This is one reason why I may just wait a few days before upgrading. Last year the release created a lot of problems, I don't want to deal with any of that.

7. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Gold Master = What will be released to the public next week.

Apple is just rewarding devs for there hard work.

8. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

when 2.0 was released, it was the same situation. gold master was official finally(well, build number was different but overall features were the same, it was having still bugs after all). so I think that 3.0 GM will be official 3.0 software upgrade. no matter how you expect perfect version, there is no version like that. there are always bugs. so if you really can't wait for a week, just get GM seed, use it. it will be all fine. I bet you will even update for next 3.xx because once 3.0 is implemented to your device, next time update is just automatically recognized.

9. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

Perhaps there is debug code in the GM for use with Xcode, etc. The final version may have that extra debugging processing removed.