Day 1- saw a dozen people using Siri in public

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by b166er, Oct 14, 2011.

1. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Let me start by saying I am enjoying my 4s and Siri.

However this is just the end of day 1 and I saw roughly a dozen people using Siri in public. I do work in kind of a congested area with a lot of uh..... rich people. But I was shocked to see so many people using this out in the open.

Do you think people using Siri while they're in the checkout line or Dr. Office will become the new modern annoyance?

Siri can be fun (it's kind of like a nerdier 8 ball) as well as useful, but I can't see myself using it in public. How about you?

2. Eradik macrumors regular

I'd probably do reminders, calendar events, and maybe directions. I won't do texts or emails in public.

Obviously I would only do those when appropriate. If I'm in a checkout line or somewhere that it just seems inappropriate, I won't do it.

But if Im at Best Buy looking at something, sure, I'll use Siri to "remind me to look up this [product] when I get home".

3. coconutxyz macrumors member

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

It's launchday, I'm not surprised to see people using it. I'll wait to see how many people I see talking to Siri in public in a couple months.