Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tavoss

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
My friends, fellow Iphoners, I have a problem.

I am thoroughly addicted to my iPhone. I lost it while paintballing in jacksonville, fl last weekend. I would have bought a new one already but ATT insisted they had to send me via snail mail the password to the online ATT store because I havent had an email address on file more that 30 days, because I never set it up. I want to buy a refurb as I dont have a lot of money.

The thing I keep hearing over and over is 'just get another phone!', people dont understand, that if you've had an iPhone for over a year, you cant just swtich to anything else.

I'm tweaking so hardcore without it, I feel like I've lost a piece of myself. Sad, pathetic, and stupid I know, but I need my iPhone, and I need it now.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I feel your pain man. :)

Buy a refurb, sign up for t-mobile, unlock it and use it til you get your AT&T access back.

tavoss

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
thats a problem, i cant buy a refurb till ATT sends me my password! :(

tavoss

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
its because i want to upgrade my current contract, and to do that i need to log in,

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I feel your pain.

My iPhone started developing some cracks. Most of them were barely visible but there was one that kept getting worse, near the dock connector. Since there's no apple store here I took it to my carrier to get it replaced (they don't exchange iPhones here). They still have to evaluate the case to see if this issue is covered by the warranty and I will be left without my iPhone for 1 to 2 weeks at least. I really miss my iPhone.

tavoss

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
maybe they we're just out at the store, the guy i called said I'd have to do it online! :confused:

dr.rosenrosen

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008
The thing I keep hearing over and over is 'just get another phone!', people dont understand, that if you've had an iPhone for over a year, you cant just swtich to anything else.

I'm tweaking so hardcore without it, I feel like I've lost a piece of myself. Sad, pathetic, and stupid I know, but I need my iPhone, and I need it now.

I'm with you. Beginning of February, I sold my iPhone 3G and contract because I could no longer afford the high monthly bill. Over the next three weeks, I purchased and sold a krzr, HTC Touch, BB Pearl flip, and BB curve before finally purchasing a 2 month old iPhone3G from craigslist for (drumroll please) $250 CDN. I dropped in a PAYG sim and feel like I've been reunited with an old friend.

tavoss

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Well, now I'm kinna mad, I got my password in the mail today, went online to order the 8gig 3g, and lo and behold, out of stock!! Does anyone know how long they take to restock, I'm not sure if I can hold out! I might just have to spend the xtra hundred and get a 16gig 3g, though I really dont want too!!!

On a side note, it's absolutely ridiculous you cant buy the iPhone over the phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.