Day 6: No iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tavoss, Mar 7, 2009.

1. tavoss macrumors member

My friends, fellow Iphoners, I have a problem.

I am thoroughly addicted to my iPhone. I lost it while paintballing in jacksonville, fl last weekend. I would have bought a new one already but ATT insisted they had to send me via snail mail the password to the online ATT store because I havent had an email address on file more that 30 days, because I never set it up. I want to buy a refurb as I dont have a lot of money.

The thing I keep hearing over and over is 'just get another phone!', people dont understand, that if you've had an iPhone for over a year, you cant just swtich to anything else.

I'm tweaking so hardcore without it, I feel like I've lost a piece of myself. Sad, pathetic, and stupid I know, but I need my iPhone, and I need it now.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I feel your pain man. :)

Buy a refurb, sign up for t-mobile, unlock it and use it til you get your AT&T access back.

3. tavoss thread starter macrumors member

thats a problem, i cant buy a refurb till ATT sends me my password! :(

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

So without a password you're unable to enter an AT&T store??

Damn technology is getting more powerful by the day.

5. tavoss thread starter macrumors member

its because i want to upgrade my current contract, and to do that i need to log in,

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I find it hard to believe they can do NOTHING for you at the AT&T store.

7. tavoss thread starter macrumors member

as far as im aware, refurbs are only available online

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I feel your pain.

My iPhone started developing some cracks. Most of them were barely visible but there was one that kept getting worse, near the dock connector. Since there's no apple store here I took it to my carrier to get it replaced (they don't exchange iPhones here). They still have to evaluate the case to see if this issue is covered by the warranty and I will be left without my iPhone for 1 to 2 weeks at least. I really miss my iPhone.

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I bought a refurb in a store last March. I don't know how they're doing it with 3Gs.

10. tavoss thread starter macrumors member

maybe they we're just out at the store, the guy i called said I'd have to do it online! :confused:

11. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

well the discounted iphones that were from at&t for about $100 off of the 16GB, are in fact only available online

12. dr.rosenrosen macrumors newbie

I'm with you. Beginning of February, I sold my iPhone 3G and contract because I could no longer afford the high monthly bill. Over the next three weeks, I purchased and sold a krzr, HTC Touch, BB Pearl flip, and BB curve before finally purchasing a 2 month old iPhone3G from craigslist for (drumroll please) $250 CDN. I dropped in a PAYG sim and feel like I've been reunited with an old friend.

13. tavoss thread starter macrumors member

Well, now I'm kinna mad, I got my password in the mail today, went online to order the 8gig 3g, and lo and behold, out of stock!! Does anyone know how long they take to restock, I'm not sure if I can hold out! I might just have to spend the xtra hundred and get a 16gig 3g, though I really dont want too!!!

On a side note, it's absolutely ridiculous you cant buy the iPhone over the phone