Day to day 'work flow' ideas?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by macfly4, Aug 19, 2011.

1. macfly4, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

macfly4 macrumors member

macfly4

Just got my 11" and have to say i am thrilled. coming from a blackbook from 2007 this thing rocks. i was wary of the smaller screen but now find that there are certain things that can be done to ease the transition.
    i have taken to creating around 4 or 5 'spaces' and then will have certain apps locked to that and other apps unlocked. for example i will leave iTunes mini window unlocked to one so that it shows no matter which desktop I'm on. i might have my trading app open on one desktop and then safari windows spread over two desktops with email being open on a separate one.
    then its just a matter of gesturing mission control and choosing the desktop i want to see quickly. in this way i am switching much more often but have more space to see whatever i am dealing with.
    the more i use this mission control the more i am impressed with how apple hit this one out of the park. window management with so many apps open was always a pain in the rear on windows and this just rubs it in.
    anyone else using lion with their MBA in ways that might give good ideas to the rest of us?

ps. the one thing i haven't been able to figure out is a way to manually change the order of desktops at the top of the mission control window. there is an option to have it based on which was used more often but i can't put them in the order i want them in very easily.

2. misterneums macrumors 6502

Glad to hear you're liking it. I have to agree, the new mission control is a lot better than what spaces was in Snow Leopard. I usually have 3 desktops up along with 2 full screen apps (Chrome and Mail). Lightroom is usually up on one of my desktops as well.