Daylight Savings bug in 8.1?

macrem

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
I'm in Gerrmany, my iPhone time is set to automatic & it is now still showing time as if it were DST. Anyone else noticing this? Is there a way to get it working short of setting time manually?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
DST, one of the most irrelevant holdovers from the early 20th century. It solves nothing and only causes confusion and technical problems.

seinman

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
DST, one of the most irrelevant holdovers from the early 20th century. It solves nothing and only causes confusion and technical problems.
It solves the problem of not having as much useful daylight in the evening. I wish we would stay in DST year-round, though. Changing twice a year is lame, and then it's dark way too early in the winter.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
It solves the problem of not having as much useful daylight in the evening. I wish we would stay in DST year-round, though. Changing twice a year is lame, and then it's dark way too early in the winter.

It doesn't change the length of a day or do anything to add extra daylight in the evening. It all about altering perception of an absolute.

Stay on DST and change the name to Standard Time, I'm all for that. Just get rid of this switching back and forth that is only semantics.

macrem

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Thanks all for confirming, it's définiitely working fine & now I thinki it was likely another device I was comparing to that was wrong when checking this am.

I agree: stay on DST & call it Standard!

LV426

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2013
Didn't the dates of Daylight Saving used to show up in the calendar? I don't see them any more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.