Daylight savings time fix?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JBot, Oct 28, 2008.

1. JBot macrumors 6502

I have some macs running under our windows domain, and the time change has messed up all the machines.
    First of all they all lost their connection to the network because the time changed and i couldnt add machines to a local network with different time zones in place. So the fix i used for that was under Date & Time, where you usually select your time zone (Apple America/US... etc), i put in the DNS server address. That linked up the times properly, thus allowing me to readd the computers onto the network.
    However, the server has a problem that thinks daylight savings occured last week, instead of next week. The fix for that in windows is just to open your date and time properties and uncheck the automatic adjust for dst option.

My question is if there is any way i can do the same on the mac machines. The other option is to just wait till next week when the DST actually occurs, but that isnt really acceptable...

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

When there is a change to when day light savings time occurs Apple releases a small update to keep the computer on time.

3. belvdr macrumors 601

4. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Depends on the country and the OS version. Apple doesn't release updates for very long after a product is superseded.