DayZ Performance

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Malone1878, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Malone1878 macrumors member

Hi, can somebody tell me how the DayZ mod for Arma2 performs on a 2011 iMac ? Thanks.

2. Rlnplehshalo macrumors regular

1. Arma II is a very intensive game.

2. You didn't specify which iMac you wanted the results for?
    eg. You would need the 2GB GPU on the 27" to run fullscreen at a reasonable amount of detail. Dont bother with 1GB, there are too many pixels for it to handle.

3. RAM and processor.
    eg. 4GB is generally enough but for Arma II perhaps 8GB would be more sufficient.

4. HDD
    eg. A SSD is probably going to be better as the game is 30GB+ to install from what I recall and thats a lot of files that need to be loaded so loading speeds will affect the performance.

I'm installing the DayZ mod on my custm PC 'Phantom' very soon, I might post results later if you want, but keep in mind that I have the GTX670 2GB desktop card which can handle just about anything at max settings.

3. mixel macrumors 68000

mixel

I'll try it on my 6770 21" later today. I'm guessing you mean in bootcamp? I'm sure it'll run just fine. I'll try it in parallels too just to see how that goes.

4. Nandifix macrumors 6502

I didnt think arma 2 was that graphically intensive? It should be able to run it on low- medium

5. rorroz macrumors newbie

This guys seems to run it just fine (GERMAN)

He is using the following specs;

iMac i5, 2.7 GHz,
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB RAM,
    12 GB DDR3 RAM,
    Windows 7 (64 Bit). - Bootcamp

6. Malone1878 thread starter macrumors member

If you could that would be great, I meant the 21.5 iMac with 2.7Ghz, 4Gb, 512Mb AMD... I've been told you can share your memory with your Gpu.

7. Malone1878 thread starter macrumors member

8. mixel macrumors 68000

mixel

Sorry for the slowness, had to sort out family stuff. :)

Played it for a while and it's been great. Better performance than I was expecting really. I think RAM must be the biggest requirement for ARMA given how well it runs on my iMac compared to my gaming rig which is otherwise much beefier but only has 8GB RAM. 12GB feels like it makes a big difference.

I'll install fraps and things and upload some footage.. At native 1920x1080 res its smooth at medium settings... If you're happy downing the 3D resolution you can run it at high to very high on everything except draw distance. Until fraps is working i dont know exactly how fast so bear with me.

9. Malone1878 thread starter macrumors member

No problem mate take your time and thanks a lot :D

10. mixel macrumors 68000

mixel