Dazed and Confused

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MarlboroLite, Jan 15, 2008.

1. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Ok so as my sig line says, I've been waiting for today to make the Big Switch....I'm not really sure what I was hoping for...but I guess I was mildly satisfied with the MBA. I just graduated college and I don't need the power of a MBP...and 13 inches is the perfect screen size for me, I wasn't looking for a useless tiny eee clone. I don't work with any pro apps, except photoshop every once in a while. I would be using a laptop to do basic stuff like IM, web surfing, movies, word processing, mail etc...I am not a gamer so graphic cards are not important to me. All in all, the MBA seems like a decent machine for my needs, on top of it being sexy as hell and cutting edge.

Here is my problem though, the price is obviously way high, and the disk space is a non starter. I am using a Pentium 4 Sony 10 pound behemoth from 2003 that has a 60 gig hard drive that is bursting at the seems and I will not settle for 80. After 4 years of using a monster decrepit computer I want the best bang for my buck and something cutting edge. The MacBook is nice and all but I fear that it going to fall behind soon...not a big fan of the fragile plastic or the heat issues I have heard, no LED screen, no backlit keyboard...but the hard drive will at least give me enough space....so all in all I am in a bind.

I want a cool new fresh computer after 4 years with a crappy monster 10 pound Sony and the MBA is enticing....but I don't know what to do! Some help deciding would be appreciated! :confused:

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

refurb MBP.

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020