dbrand/slickwrap backskin questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hyloba, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Hyloba, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016

Hyloba macrumors 6502

Greetings,

I'd like to place a backskin on my iphone 6s, however I am doubting a bit between dbrand and slickwraps. It will all come down to these two questions.

Is the dbrand backskin always in 3 parts? Upper, center and back? If so, how easy will it be to see the seams? Edit: I saw a video with a 1 piece back skin. How can you select a complete set on their website?

Can you order a slickwrap full back and sides skin without the front skin? Can't see it anywhere and the custom skin maker doesn't show full coverage of the top and bottom.

2. Jim165, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016

Jim165 macrumors member

Dbrand sends you both full and partial skins with your order. Slickwraps allows you to order only the back skin...

Edit: looks like Slickwraps is now including the front wrap with all orders now...must've been a recent change. Even so, you have the option of not installing the front wrap...

3. Hyloba thread starter macrumors 6502

4. kingston73 macrumors 6502

Dbrand has a "how to install" video on their site, it says they include 3 versions of the back skin in your order, a full back, a back and top/bottom that show the antenna wires, and a back and top/bottom that cover the antenna.

5. Draven451 macrumors newbie

I have the matte black three piece Dbrand skin on my IPhone 6s. I can confirm that they send you both the three piece and full back piece.

I really love mine and have been using it for a couple months with no case over it and it still looks new.

6. Hyloba thread starter macrumors 6502

That's great! I plan on doing that as well, but I fear for the aluminum around the camera bump, so I also bought a camera protector ring. Not sure yet how I will install it with the skin but I'll figure something out.

7. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

Slickwraps had the option to buy just the front or back skins before Black Friday. When the Black Friday sale hit, the option was no longer there which stopped me from purchasing because I didn't want the front. It was that way through the holidays and all the sales. I just looked today and the option to buy just the front or just the back has returned. Pretty crappy to only offer the full skin when the sale is on when not everyone wants the full skin. They lost my sale and pushed me to buy a Bestskinsever Kolorit skin for my iPhone 6 Plus. I got 2 Kolorit skins and 2 screen skins for $11.99 shipped during their cyber Monday sale, way cheaper than Slickwraps and they fit great. Only negative is they only have Redwood and Carbon Fiber. I got one of each. Slickwraps blew it for me.