dc in board post-replacement questions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by newbiemb, Jul 26, 2008.

1. newbiemb macrumors newbie

I replaced my dc in board on my 12" iBook G4. It wasn't even as close to horrible as I thought it would be, and I think anybody with this problem should do it themselves instead of paying hundreds of dollars to the Mac store to do it. Anyway...

What should I be looking for as far as potential problems after I made this repair? One concern is that the power cord glows orange all of the time even though the battery indicator says the computer is fully charged. Does that sound like a big problem? Also, when I turned it back on, an error message appeared saying that everything was reset to before 2001, but the date is fine and nothing is missing as far as I can tell. What else should I watch for? So far, no smoke or weird behavior. :)

All said and done, I'm glad I did this and was amazed when I plugged the plug in and didn't have to wiggle it and twist it to get it to power the computer.

Thanks for the input previously on doing this repair!

2. newbiemb thread starter macrumors newbie

cord color...

The cord finally changed to green...so I'm not worried about that anymore! :)

3. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Congrats! Something about fixing stuff yourself just gives you alot of satisfaction, doesn't it? :cool:

I just fixed my old NES and it was awesome to turn it on and have it work immediately.