DC Metro Area Data Down

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pj rage, Sep 3, 2008.

1. pj rage macrumors 6502

Anyone else in the DC metro area experiencing a data outage this morning?

I was unable to get any 3G OR EDGE data this morning in Alexandria, and anywhere along my commute down 210 to Indian Head, MD. Nada. I made a call in Alexandria that worked, so voice is ok, but data isn't. Just sat there spinning until timeout for email, safari, etc. Same thing happened on my friend's iphone 3G.

This phone is so frustrating. I swear, everytime I actually want to use the data portion of my plan, it doesn't work right. Well, ever since 2.0.2 that is, before that, zero problems. Even if it is AT&T's fault this time, I don't really care. I don't care who's fault it is, I just want my phone to work when I need it. I would give them a call, but I really don't care to get the run around about who's fault it is, and I'd go to apple, but I know it's not my phone and I don't want to go through the trouble of setting up a new phone for no reason. Sigh.

2. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

Yes! Thanks for posting this. I was REALLY po'ed I got no data on my way in this morning, despite 5-6 bars of both 3G and Edge. Tried rebooting, resetting Network settings, etc. - NOTHING.

I was just about to post that my data was not working and wondering whether I should take it into the Genius Bar.

EDIT: It does appear to be Metro-wide. I've confirmed with a couple of other 3G iPhone users. Nada on data.

3. kes601 macrumors regular

It is down in Hampton Roads as well, at least it was for me this morning on the drive into work. Now I will be WiFi for the rest of the work day.

4. pj rage thread starter macrumors 6502

I feel a little bit better knowing it's in a larger area. Thanks for positing.

Here's to hoping, err, praying that it's down because they are updating it!

5. CTK2651 macrumors member

data outage ...

Add me to the list.

Glad I checked in here before throwing my iPhone across the room :mad: Been having intermittent 3G problems and assumed it was that. Live in Fairfax County near Dulles and work in DC. 5 bars and 3G the whole way but no data.

6. Lopes macrumors regular

glad it's not just me....

i live in alexandria, work in tysons corner. No data via edge or 3G at home, on my commute, or in tysons at all this morning. Rebooted, reset, flipped airplane mode on and off all morning—nothing.

Good thing i checked here before tossing this POS out my window on the GW parkway!

By the way, i've had to turn off 3g in the dc metro area to get mobileme push email to work like it should, as well as to have any sort of decent battery life. Does anyone else have real crappy 3g coverage here? And by coverage i mean, it may say full bars, but doesn't work when you actually try to use it?

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

8. mdecker79 macrumors member

NJ Area and my data is also down. I have to get on WiFi to get data but I have full E...