DC Metro Users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViViDboarder, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

Jun 25, 2008
    AT&T service in several Metro stations today! Not yet in the tunnels (I forget when they said that was going to be, 2012 I think)

AT&T was actually accurate with saying they'd have it in select stations by October. :D So far I know it's in the Orange Line stations from Foggy Bottom to Metro Center, but that's all I can confirm now. The rest I didn't check.

Where else did people find service? Also, I just checked Edge, is there 3G as well?
  2. Dakk macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2009
    Interesting, I usually turn on Airplane mode after East Falls Church.. I'll check it out on the way home!
  3. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

Jul 24, 2002
    that's good to hear. I travel to DC for work fairly often and it burns to see people checking their blackberrys while i get no service!
  4. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

Jul 4, 2009
    South Tampa
    all these places in DC makes me feel like this is a fallout 3 forum. lol

but nah, when I went to DC, there wasn't a whole lot of coverage, so that's good to hear
  5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Jun 30, 2008
    Yeah, some of actually live here. OP - I noticed a signal from Chinatown to Cleveland Park, but I lost it around Farragut N. before I could try it out. I've heard we should be getting service in the metro from AT&T around mid-Oct, which is now.