Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blkonblk17

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2009
Good find, I've never used or heard about this memory? Does anyone here have first hand experience with it??

Kentochan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
Virginia, USA
Good find, I've never used or heard about this memory? Does anyone here have first hand experience with it??

I myself bought the 1333MHz version for my 2011 MBP and have experienced an increase in speed without any problems. Only thing I didn't like was that it was $64 at the time, which is now $40 or so I believe.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
My 2010 mid year 2.4 GHz 13" MacBook Pro says I have 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 memory. So will this RAM work correctly with my MBP?

kbfr08

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
G Skill is a reputable brand if that's what you're concerned about.
Seconded. I use G-SKILL DDR3 in my desktops, and it works perfectly. I've actually had more issues with beg name brands than G-SKILL.

$27 is a pretty good price, although it occasionally will dip lower. I'm going to pick some up just incase I buy a macbook that's been harvested for ram.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
I rarely ever order from Newegg, I prefer Amazon because I like the Prime 2 day delivery. So it's killing me to have to wait 7 days for my order from Newegg to arrive.

MrSantos

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
newbie needing help

i just purchased my first macbook pro early 2011 model i5 version. I have 2 questions about ram. I have been looking around for an 8gig ram upgrade and when i search sites like bestbuy and frys the search options are "notebook" and "apple products" are the apple products the only ones i can use/buy? I've seen lots of different brands with the 1333 and 1066 speeds (i think its speed). Will these work for my macbook? Also, my dad has an iMac, I believe its a 2008 or so and he has been complaining about its slow speeds lately, when i looked it only has 1gig of ram! would i be able to give him my 4gigs once i upgrade or are they not the same size? Im sorry for the newb questions but im not very computer literate...thank you all so much this forum is AWESOME

derickdub

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
VA
I bought this same RAM and ended up sending it back because it was causing kernel panics with my mid-2009 13" MBP. I just ordered the Corsair RAM just like it, which hasn't given me any problems. I paid $54 for each though, it's crazy how much the price in RAM will drop. G-Skill is a reputable brand though, and I am sure my experience with this RAM doesn't happen often.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
My RAM arrived from Newegg today and I installed it without any issues. Is working great, but can't say I notice any speed improvements. Probably will come in handy though when I start doing more video editing.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
i just purchased my first macbook pro early 2011 model i5 version. I have 2 questions about ram. I have been looking around for an 8gig ram upgrade and when i search sites like bestbuy and frys the search options are "notebook" and "apple products" are the apple products the only ones i can use/buy? I've seen lots of different brands with the 1333 and 1066 speeds (i think its speed). Will these work for my macbook? Also, my dad has an iMac, I believe its a 2008 or so and he has been complaining about its slow speeds lately, when i looked it only has 1gig of ram! would i be able to give him my 4gigs once i upgrade or are they not the same size? Im sorry for the newb questions but im not very computer literate...thank you all so much this forum is AWESOME

I'm using non-Apple spec'd Corsair ram in my MBP (1333 in a 2010 model) and it works just fine. 2011 MBP are spec'd for 1333. Unless the Apple spec'd RAM is as cheap or only a few bucks more I'd go with non-Apple certified RAM from a name brand vendor.

Depending on the year the memory should work in an iMac. you can verify that on Apple's support pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.