De activate iCloud mcbpro -retain iPad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Donfor39, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

That's all my essential apps sorted this evening in preparation for selling my MacBook in a few weeks.

Approx 1 week or sooner I would like to de activate iCloud and keychain from MacBook andcmd r to restore to factory settings, this advisable with existing pci ssd?

Will iCloud and keychain be retained via iPad Air?

Don't think I've forgot anything else or have I?

I don't want to be left thinking I'll need MacBook after its gone.

Thanks in advance

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

3. Donfor39 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

Thanks CoastalOR

I shall read the link you kindly provided this evening.
    Maybe I shall return to MacBook in a few years, time will tell. Skylake..possibly.

It's been approx 5 years with ups and downs using MacBook. L2011 + late 2013

At least it offered something different from what I was 1st considering building I5 p.c. Desktop.

Portability has taken over my techy way of thinking.

Latest Sierra beta doesn't offer much features to take into consideration.

Haven't event tried Mac rumours yet via iPad Air.

4. Donfor39 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

I've been offline for a wee while since attempting to sell MacBook a few weeks ago

I found both iPhone 6 and Air were not accepting passcode

Thankfully since resolved Thurs evening via Apple Management.

I declined mac4cash offer as my MacBook was fully working when their courier collected it then I get an email sighting possible water damgage to which I strongly disagree

I did de activate as you suggested and MacBook went from Sierria pb 1 to startup as a new user.

Finding the transition to using IPad Air excellent from a home user experience.

After I tried ios10 pb1 via iPhone a few weeks ago which my car stereo and IPhone Bluetooth Apple Music did not agree with I've decided to leave iPhone and Air ios9.xxx

I since downloaded beta profile last night I see ios10 is offering pb4 though I'm not nearly as tempted to iOS 10 as I once was