de-authorising computers in itunes account?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ashjamben, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

i used to use itunes with my old pc, 1st authorised computer. it then got reformatted, which counted as a new computer, 2nd authorised computer. i then bought a macbook, 3rd authorised computer. i then had some stuff repaired and replaced by apple, i think logic board which i believe makes itunes believe its a new computer, 4th authorised computer.

does anyone know how i can de-authorise the computers i don't use anymore? as i cant go on them and click 'de-authorise computer' as one was before a repair and the other a re format. plus, i dont need it on the pc anymore. i recently reformatted my ipod to mac so updates can be done on my macbook, so officially dont need the pc anymore (apart from civ 2 :))

thanks for reading

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The computer is usually registered by the MAC address. If you replace the logic board of a Mac it changes the MAC address. You must de-authorize from the authorized computer. You can send an e-mail to iTunes to have them reset all the authorized systems. But you can only do it a limited number of times.

TEG

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Once you authorize your five computers that you're allotted to authorize you can go into your iTunes account, through the store. From there you select de-authorize all computers and it will deauthorize all your authorized computers. (note this can only be done once per year) then you go and authorize all the computers you want.

5. ashjamben thread starter macrumors 6502a

right, so i guess i can only do it once i reach 5 computers authorised.

thanks for the help