de-interlace in imovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by speakerwizard, Feb 1, 2009.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Hey, i have a 1080i vid in imovie '09 and i am exporting with quicktime to mp4 so i can get it at 720p but there is no option to de-interlace, when you choose the standard presets it automatically does it though, does someone know a work around for this? thanks

2. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i'm going to assume it is not possible, thanks anyway.

3. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

You can set iMovie to deinterlace - there's no need to use any third-party tool. It's as easy as: Share -> Export Using QuickTime -> Options -> Size -> Deinterlace Source Video.

4. xStep macrumors 68000

Seriously. Do you always give up so easily. You have to give time for responses. Four hours isn't good enough.

See my iMovie Export Guide which includes iM09.

5. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Thanks for that - a clear and simple explanation to get people started. I trust you'll not mind if I direct people to your site when encountering exporting questions in future.

6. xStep macrumors 68000

I don't mind. I made those primers because I got tired of repeating my self at length in forums.

Notice I always link to the root (Guides/) of the pages because readers may see another guide they are interested in.

I've got other ideas to add and need to update the YouTube guide for HD.

7. xStep macrumors 68000

I did some minor updates to my YouTube guide.

8. K515 macrumors newbie

Hello - First, I'm a 6-month-old mac user (well actually I'm in my mid-50's) and I have a DVD movie titled The Olympic Series Golden Moments 1920 - 2002 which I did some still captures on an Asus Eee PC netbok but the still captures are badly interlaced (see this) What is deinterlacing? The best method to deinterlace movies

and I found here this thread by googling "deinterlacing movies in imovie".

that it's possible to de-interlace the video with imovie 09. So what I'm really asking is, how do I transfer the video from this DVD to imovie?

and of the several books on imovie/idvd that're available at the local Barnes & Noble book store, what book should I get that will show me how to de-interlce and sharpen the video from the DVD as well as show me how to create DVD slideshows in idvd (came with my MBP that I ordered brand-new from apple.com's online store in July 2009 following the WWDC in June 8 - 12 2009) with menus?

Also, is it possible to get still captures from a video in imovie and transfer these still captures to a PC for editing in photoshop cs 3?

a few screen shots I captured from this dvd last night -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]