De-laminating screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rob.james.arias, Jul 5, 2016.

1. rob.james.arias macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

Anyone else? I had my screen replaced due to de-lamination. It looked like tiny little stains on the screen, about a dozen or so, however it was the screen separating from itself.

That was about 3 months ago. Now it is doing in again, scheduled to take it in this week. Was wondering if I was the only one?

They also replaced the mother board and keyboard since. Wondering if they will just replace with a new machine this time.

2. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

3. rob.james.arias thread starter macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

I dislike anything "gate"... I will search for it though to see what it's all about.

4. Ovedius, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016

Ovedius macrumors 6502

Ovedius

I agree, nothing sucks the credibility out of anything like sensationalism and hyperbole.
    The "-gate" suffix is the epitome of such idiocy.
    Alas the imbecile hivemind has decided to call the controversy surrounding the retina screens and their physical defects "Staingate".
    The damage is done, might as well live with it.
    There is a bright side to these grating catchphrases: it makes googling a whole lot easier.
    -so, we might as well just deal with it.
    H5TD2Pz.gif

5. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

I had my lcd replaced under the service program. I think its nice for apple to offer a free $350 repair for my machine
    Thats out of warranty.

6. rob.james.arias thread starter macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

It's under warranty thankfully. They sent it in again for a new screen. This is screen number two. They have already replaced the motherboard in May. Now after looking at it today they determined it needs a new lid, and keyboard as well as bottom case. I wish they would just exchange the thing now. It's really going to be a Frankenstein after all of the replaced parts... so frustrated.

7. Ovedius macrumors 6502

Ovedius

Shees, they should really just give you a new machine, I don't understand why they keep Frankensteining it.
    Surely it would be simpler to replace your computer with a new one, then refurbish the old one and sell it.

8. rob.james.arias thread starter macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

UPDATE, machine failed again a few days out of warranty now. Needs another keyboard... When I talked to apple care this time they were surprised it was not replaced last time, LOL. That is exactly what I asked for last time. All is well, they were super cool and said since it is out of warranty they cant replace it though they would fix it at no cost and extend the warranty 6 months.