Deactivate Docked speaker detection?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by loosenut, Apr 8, 2011.

1. loosenut macrumors newbie

Is there an App to deactivate docked speaker detection? I plugged the wrong kind of connector into my iPhone 3GS (I know, how do you do that?), and then two things started happening:

1 - the Accessory Splash kept popping up (I got the NoAccessory Splash to deal with that, awesome app!)

2 - My speakers only work with the phone. I can't listen to YouTube videos, music through the iPod app, anything. I think that a bit of hardware got fried ('cause I reset all the software) so the phone thinks that it is plugged into a Dock with audio. I'm wondering if anybody has written an App (for SB Settings, preferably?) that can disable Docked Speakers, or disable docked speaker detection, or manually force the internal speaker to work.

My thanks.

2. scmacdaddy macrumors regular

I'm looking for this ability as well. i use bluetooth headphones at work and want to use an older ipod dock to charge my iphone but everytime i plug/unplug it it switches to dock mode. i have to then change back to bluetooth and turn the volume up completely. i only want the charge function.