Deactivate "Lost Network" Pop-Up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Blindside, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Blindside macrumors member

Hi,
    I have very poor reception in my living room. I have between one and no bars. No problem. But what annoys me as hell is that pop up which appears as soon as I loose reception. It says "lost network" since it pops up every minute or so and pauses whatever I am doing I would like to deactivate it. Is there any possibility to disable that notification?

2. henchosbandito macrumors member

This is THE most annoying feature - i take it it's a new feature in iOS4 since i havent experienced this before.
    Are you by any chance on Orange UK? Im wondering whether its part of their carrier settings. If it is, they'll be getting a very strong worded email. Its ridiculous, especially when you're on and off the tube all day. I know I've lost signal! EVERYONE loses signal underground!

3. Davvido macrumors regular

Davvido

Go to Settings -> Carrier and set it to "Automatic".

4. henchosbandito macrumors member

Ahh Thanks! Rather humorously i tried to lose signal with the iPhone 4 deathgrip to see if this has worked but that darn signal just wouldnt die :p Hopefully the tube tomorrow will tell me if it worked.

sleeptight everyone. Bedtime in the henchos household