Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
This may be a silly OCD question but my iPhone 15 Plus battery is so bad lately and the only thing that seems to stop it is de-activating Bluetooth (I blame my AirTags)

I created an automation that automatically puts my iPhone in airplane mode (WiFi only) when it connects to the WiFi network at home and deactivates the same when I leave the WiFi network. I work from home so 70% I am at home anyway.

So far I am still receiving notifications (I am guessing those are independently sent to the watch directly since it’s on WiFi?) but could something that I am not thinking about cause an issue? Health data is probably stored on the watch and pushed to the Health app on my iPhone once it has a Bluetooth connection again and therefore this shouldn’t cause any problem?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Something sounds not right. I've got an iPhone 15 Pro, multiple AirTags around the house, an Apple Watch Ultra 2, and zero battery life issues.
But your watch and phone should communicate with each other over wifi if they're on the same network (unless somehow blocked on your work wifi).

jb310

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2017
How does a phone that's less than a year old have bad battery? 😅 I think you may need to take it to the Genius Bar if it's acting up like that; I've got a much older phone with Bluetooth on all the time and I've never noticed any issues with the battery life.

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I don’t know … before 17.4.X it would last me on the 80% limit from one day to the next around 11 am. Nowadays I have to charge it twice per day. The other day I unplugged it before sleeping, woke up at 8 am and it lost 10% over night. By 11 am it was at 30% already (I used it during the time but still)

Health is still at 100% and I already wiped it completely without restoring from a back up and did a clean install via my Mac.

Note that I use two iPhones simultaneously (work iPhone as well). Imagine how much worse it would be if I had only one iPhone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.