Dead 15" MBP - two weeks old

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by calvol, Apr 8, 2011.

1. calvol macrumors 6502a

My 15" MBP won't start, just beeps 3x, and nothing. I bought it at Apple Store in Palo Alto about two weeks ago. Should I open it up and nudge the memory modules, and try booting again, and then try one module at a time, or should I just take it back and ask for a new one?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. TheUndertow macrumors 6502

4. simsaladimbamba

You mean the one year window?
    If the Mac is defective, then Apple will replace it inside the warranty, regardless of the return time limit, if that is what you are alluding to.

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

They won't always replace it. They have the right to repair or replace at their discretion (also they can use reconditioned/ refurbished parts). If within the window they will replace, or at least you have the right to request a replacement (outside of that window you have no choice but to go with what Apple decides to do).

6. TheUndertow macrumors 6502

Just figuring if it's within 30 days of buying at retail, he should have the smoothest sailing...but if you're saying they'll "no hassle" replacing outside of a month, great.

7. calvol thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, thanks everyone, my wife took it to Turkey on a vacation, and the Apple Store over there said they have to go through a "testing procedure", and did not offer to replace it right away. Maybe I'll have her document that attempt to get it fixed, and have her return it to the Apple Store in Palo Alto for a replacement.