Dead Battery, Green Light

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by angelpeach838, Apr 13, 2011.

1. angelpeach838 macrumors newbie

I have a 2007/2008 15in MBP. It is the last of the old aluminum body with the aluminum keys. I was watching a movie on my iPad in bed last night via home sharing, iTunes and my MBP. The MBP was not plugged in and died sometime in the middle of the night. Now when I plug in to charge the light is green but it's not charging. This has happened on a few occasions now, but this seems like the last time as I have been trying for over an hour now. I never had any difficulty while the MBP was turned on with charging issues. It charged just fine. The only time it will not charge is after it has completely died. Any ideas? Battery? Power Cable?

Thank you in advance for suggestions!

2. sdneidich macrumors member

If its under warranty still, which I doubt, take it in.
    Otherwise, try taking it in and get a new battery. It will run over $100, but if it is your battery that is the issue, that will fix it.
    It is also possible that there is something wrong with your machine other than the battery. Have a genius look at it.

3. angelpeach838 thread starter macrumors newbie

I purchased a new 85 watt wall power adapter and that fixed it completely. Mine bit the dust a few weeks ago and since I was sharing my husbands power adapter. He has the new model MBP but its the 13.3 screen which has a smaller watt (60 I think). It was strong enough to keep it alive but not strong enough to pull it out of a coma

Thank you for the advice also. It is greatly appreciated