Dead battery / UK support

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by monkeyson, Feb 15, 2009.

1. monkeyson macrumors newbie

I think my MacBook Pro (late 2008) battery is dead.

CoconutBattery and iStat both state that the current battery capacity is 176mAh - just 3% of the original 4600 mAh! The Mac is 4 months old, with 55 load cycles.

So, assuming the battery doesn't need recalibrating (I've done this every month anyway), how on earth do I contact Apple UK to replace the battery under warranty?

I've tried phoning 0870 876 0753 - this seems limited to iPhone support and the status of existing repairs.

I've tried the online service assistant at https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do - this basically tells me to go to an Apple store. I live in Leeds - we don't have one. The nearest is in Manchester, but I don't have a car.

So, what else can I do? I don't suppose Steve will be checking his email for a few months... :(

2. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

There is an Apple Store in the Meadowhall Centre in Sheffield - give them a call may be and see what they say?

0114 212 1000 is their number....

3. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

It isn't. Call again tomorrow during 08:00 and 19:45 and listen carefully to the options. They're not open 24x7.

4. monkeyson thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, I did try calling today (Sunday) and from an iPhone which might have made a difference. There was no indication that other options would be available at another time of the day.

Funnily enough, the problem seems to have fixed itself with no intervention on my part (other than leaving the thing on) - the capacity is now 4668 mAh. Strange; it wouldn't stay on for more than a couple of minutes this weekend.

Thanks everyone - I'll try calling the Apple store in Sheffield if the problem reoccurs. :)