Dead Bluetooth on MB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iToaster, May 27, 2007.

1. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Guys! OMG I returned from a party today and I take my MB out of sleep and I look up and see a squigly line through my bluetooth. I click on it and see "bluetooth not available." What should I do? There aren't any apple stores around and I ran out of phone support.

Attached Files:

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'd check under System Profiler>Hardware to see if the Bluetooth module is coming up as OK or not.

3. 66217 Guest

Do you have an authorized reseller near?

I suppose you already made a restart of you MB?

4. PatMack macrumors member

I have had the same problem with my iMac. It comes and goes. Do you have Windows installed in any way? Often, (I have found) that can trigger this problem.

In any case, I would try the following. Shut off your MB, unplug it and take out the battery. Also unplug any peripherals you have plugged in. Hold down the power button for 60 seconds.

Then plug only the power cable and battery back in.

Start it back up, and your problem should be solved.

Good Luck!

~Patrick

5. iToaster thread starter macrumors 68000

iToaster

I did your little complicated process and it appears to be fine now. I just hope it stayed that way. I had Windows on it for a little, but recently got rid of it (which left me with "2" HDs), but for some reason, it randomly happened today. I don't really want a recurring problem and have to send my MB in for service right now, I'm working on something very important. We'll see how it unfolds...

6. 66217 Guest

2 HDs??

If you used Bootcamp to erase Windows you should be back to having only one partition now, not 2.

7. PatMack macrumors member

It should be fine now. This will only happen again if you go into a guest operating system. This is because a second operating system takes control of the device, and somehow, Tiger loses that control. It can happen to your AirPort, Bluetooth USB and even SuperDrive. Its rare, but it happens.

Hopefully leopard will bring a more elegant Windows solution.

Glad to have helped.

8. iToaster thread starter macrumors 68000

iToaster

Hmmm... I guess it didn't want to make it one... oh well, it still works just as well... AND everyone can be like "OMG, you have two HDs in your MB, that's awesome!"

9. amirv macrumors newbie

Tried it, it worked once and now not

Hi Patric,

I also had the BT issue. I tried the idea you offered. It worked and made me so happy. However, a day later the problem returned and your magical solution did not work any more. Any additional ideas?

Thanks,

Amir.

10. amirv macrumors newbie

Dear all,

I suffered endlessly and still do not know what causes this problem. However, earlier today I decided to uninstall my Nokia PC Suite (on the Windows XP used through BootCamp 1.2) which for the last few hours seem to have solved the problem. I still enjoy my bluetooth after I downloaded and re-installed the Nokia SW.

Seems as if MB is not yet an ideal platform to run Windows on.

I am using MB as I am with HumanEyes (www.humaneyes.com) and our 3D and lenticular SW is Mac based. With the MB I do not have to carry two laptops when meeting with customers.

Thanks,

Amir

11. NicP macrumors 6502

This happens on my macbook too. It seams to come and go, it does not seam to be related to booting into windows. I'm tempted to take it in to get it looked at, but after previous experiences with the random shutdown problems i'm reluctant to take it in.

12. kanamesouske macrumors newbie

the same happens to me

the same happens to me the sleep thing and after that the bluetooth is not avai.... but the thing is this i dont have windows on my mac just like what ur poast are saying... so guys what will i need to do i cant fix it... .. Jenn17:(

13. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Resetting your PRAM should solve the issue: just hold down apple+option+P+R at startup until you hear a beep and it restarts. It worked for me :)

14. kanamesouske macrumors newbie

problem solved

im so happy last night i became so helpless but when i click the software upd8s my mac os x 10.5 upgraded to 10.5.6 and after it was installed the bluetooth is fine again... by the way tnx 2 u guys.. ^^ jenn 17:D